Dec 15, 2013

Life of a Blogger - TV SHOWS

http://novelheartbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/lifeofblogger.png Life of a Blogger is a super awesome new meme started up by Jessi over at Novel Heartbeat. This week's topic is: TV Shows.

I don't watch TV as much as I used to. Which kinda sucks 'cause I feel like they keep getting better. Back in the day, I had an entire list of shows I watched and could rattle off but now I either 1) Don't have time for TV or 2) Forget that the show exists, miss several episodes, and never catch up. It's a sad endless cycle, really. As of right now, these are the shows I'm trying to consecutively watch:
  • The Vampire Diaries (CW) - Ever since I read the books, I've yet to miss an episode. Okay. That's a lie. I'm totally slacking right now, and I still have to watch the past 2 (?) episodes. BUT that might be because this season kinda blows so far
  • Awkward (MTV) - I'm a comedy addict. I need to laugh and this is by far the most hilarious show on TV right now. I thought it was totally stupid before I actually got into it, but I'm SO GLAD I did. It has such weird, yet relatable humor.
  • Nikita (CW) - ...I feel like the last person in the universe who still watches this. It's probably THE MOST UNDERRATED TV show out there. I know there's only like 6 episodes left until it's done forever, but I can't NOT watch it. So much action and guns and romance and complexity AHHH!
  • Witches of East End (Lifetime) - Seriously, everytime I sit down to watch this show I wonder why. The graphics suck. The acting is...meh and so is the plot. I think I still watch it for the love triangle and the deliciousness that is Killian. Call me shallow, but DAYUM that man is all kinds of attractive. 
 
  • Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime) - Back when I thought I wanted to be a lawyer (I think I still do?) this show was like my Holy Grail. It's funny, has a slightly fantasy-esque romance that's so sweet, and has the sassiest, most sophisticated protagonist I've seen in a while. I've NEVER BEEN BORED with this show and I always hate it when I miss an episode. It's on hiatus right now, though, but I won't be missing it when it comes back on.
  • True Blood (HBO) - Vampires. I know. But it's just so good! I'm still kinda pissed with how the last season ended. I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it yet, but GAHH! This show can be so gruesome and then so raunchy, but I keep watching it. Anywho, Eric Northman. YES. Did that make sense? No? K.
  • The Legend of Korra (Nickelodeon) - As an addict of Avatar: The Last Airbender, OF COURSE I'd watch this too. I mean, it's not as good, but I like it. The only thing is I have to watch nearly all of the episodes On Demand 'cause it comes on on Friday at around 6 or 7-ish? (correct me if I'm wrong lol) and I'm usually either eating, sleeping, or relishing my freedom from the monotonous prison that is high school.
  • Devious Maids (Lifetime) - I was iffy about this show at first. I'm not a big fan of whodunit plotlines. But now it has me hooked. Each maid's story is so complex and I find myself rooting for them and getting scared because I didn't know what would happen next. My favorite characters have to be Valentina and Remy. I loved their sorta-forbidden romance.
Then there's the shows that I don't currently watch, but turn to whenever they come on:
  • Big Bang Theory - Quirky geniuses & Sheldon Cooper. 'Nuff said.
  • The Voice - Singers who can actually sing. 'Nuff said.
  • Law & Order: SVU - SO DRAMATIC AND MOVING! *clears throat* ...'Nuff said.
  • Modern Family - Entertaining and strangely addictive. 'Nuff said.
  • One Tree Hill - Grew up with this show! 'Nuff said.
  • Pretty Little Liars - Intense and mysterious. Plus, I want their closets. 'Nuff said.
  • Family Feud - I seriously wanna go on this show someday!! 'Nuff said.
  • Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - Um. Will Smith. 'Nuff said.
And just for the hell of it, there's the shows I used to watch when I was younger & sometimes turn to whenever they happen to show up because I still enjoy them (and I'm a giant kid) :
  • Charmed - Badass witches.
  • Zoey 101- This show was the reason I wanted to go to boarding school in Malibu. Alas, that never happened and I never got over it. Le sigh...
  • Drake and Josh - Friggin' legendary show, and the definition of my childhood!
  • Danny Phantom - I had the hugest crush on Danny Phantom. Don't judge me! Oh, and the theme song was cool and fun to sing.
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - If I could be a water-bender, I would. No question.
There's probably about a million more shows that I'm missing, but these were the ones that came to mind. So whadya think? We share any in common? Or do you just want to commend my taste in TV? Or do you want to recommend any shows? Or do you want me to stop asking questions that start with "or"? Okay. I'm done. :P

3 comments:

  1. Ah! Charmed! Such bad graphics in the beginning, but so freaking addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Back in the day, I had an entire list of shows I watched and could rattle off but now I either 1) Don't have time for TV or 2) Forget that the show exists, miss several episodes, and never catch up."

    Story of my life! I am SO busy with blogging and reading that I just don't have time for TV. Actually, it came up in a conversation at work yesterday and when I said "I don't watch TV," one of the girls looked at me like I was an alien!
    Sadly, I've never watched many of the ones you listed. I did enjoy Danny Phantom, though!

    Thanks for participating :)

    Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. I think the same about Nikita and Witches of the East End. I just read about the critical response to WotEE and The Originals. Like, wtf. How can you say that The Originals is a laughable show without humor? WotEE might be a bit humorous, but seriously? I don't know why I watch that one. It's like.. really bad. Killian is somewhat the reason I still watch it, lols.

    If this season of TVD doesn't change something, I'm giving up on it. It's what I should have done ages ago -.-

    Gave up on True Blood this season and haven't regretted my decision since. The only character I still enjoyed was Jason and they ruined Lafayette, so.. yeah. It was getting kind of ridiculous, but I'm glad that you're still enjoying it:)

    OTH and Charmed? Perfection. So glad to see that we have same taste in shows, ha. Such a great list, Taylor!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment! Comments don't go unnoticed, and while I may not always reply to them on my blog, (unless it's a direct question, of course) I'll definitely reply on yours. :)