Aug 24, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #4

Stacking the Shelves is a  weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share books we're adding to our shelves, be they physical or e-copies.


BOUGHT/BORROWED

VIA RAZORBILL (Thank you!)
Right now, I'm a strange mix of happy and sad because I know that with school starting in two days for me (on a Monday, no less), I'm not going to have as much time as I want to read these pretties. My three AP classes this year (that my over-achieving self thought would be SUCH a great idea to choose) just won't allow for it. So thumbs down to the guy who decided to make school start at least two weeks earlier than usual!

Mini-rant aside, I'm SOOOOOOO excited! I've been trying to get a copy of Obsession for WEEKS now, and I finally have it!!! Let the Jennifer L. Armentrout fest begin! If you've been following me for a while, you'd already know that I LOVE me some JLA. And then there was Earthbound, which came in the mail in at the most perfect time ever! Another thanks to Razorbill for that!

The 5th Wave has been getting some fantastic reviews from some people whose opinions I trust, so I can't wait to start in on that one. Lash and The Truth About You & Me have some pretty frickin' swoony covers, which is like eyecandy (or crack) to a romance addict like me! Plus, it's been a while since I've read an angel story, so I'm super eager to dive into Lash as well.

Anywho, enough about me. Did you do a Stacking the Shelves post? Leave me a link in the comments, and I'll stop on by!

21 comments:

  1. Ooo, I loved Obsession. Such a good paranormal romance book! And I got The Truth about You & Me a few months ago - my review will be posted soon. I hated that book. So many strong feelings... of dislike. I hope you love it though. It'll be hard not to like it more than I did - I gave it 1 star. And yes, I read the entire thing!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you loved Obsession. I'll be starting that one ASAP. And I'll be looking out for your review!

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I really need to read Obsession and I really enjoyed The 5th Wave :)

    Happy Reading & Thanks for stopping by!

    Christy @ Christy's Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you enjoy Obsession! I know I will lol.

      Delete
  3. Oh hey, Taylor! I love your blog name and your design is gorgeous:) Heh. As for your books, I'm glad we have TTAY&M in common as well as The 5th Wave. I really enjoy the Lux series, too. I can't wait for Origin. As soon as the e-mail from TBD about dispatching comes, I'm jumping into Opal since I just re-read the first two and haven't gotten around reading Opal. I'm a cliff-hanger-phobe lol:) I've heard there is a pretty bad cliff hanger.. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your books and you'll still get to read some pretties even if school takes up most of your time. Luckily mine won't start until after next week so I'm good to go for another 8 days. I hope this semester at uni won't be so tough as the last one was. I wish you a great weekend and enjoy your books, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks a ton! I wish I'd waited to read Opal like you because yes, the cliff-hanger ending killed me a little on the inside lol! And do enjoy your 8 days for the both of us.

      Delete
  4. Obsession is awesome, and I really want to read Earthbound. Great haul!

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a copy of The 5th Wave this week too. I can't wait to read it. :b It sounds really amazing. I love your blog design!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a few of these, but sadly I haven't read them yet. The cover for Lash is so pretty!

    Thanks for stopping by and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can't wait to read The Truth About You & Me. Happy reading!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 5th Wave has been receiving so much of praise. I have a copy, but still haven't gotten to it yet. I really need to though.
    I read Obsession and thought it was "meh". The characters felt way too similar to the ones in Obsidian, so I didn't enjoy it much. I hope you enjoy it though!
    Happy reading! :)

    Nick - My Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear what you thought of Obsession! I totally get that whole "meh" feeling, too.

      Delete
  9. I have Obsession; had it since it was released but have yet to read it. I like putting ebooks off because I hate reading them. I'm old fashion type of gal and prefer physical books. But alas, I want to read it so I'll have to suck it up. I may read it while I am on vacation! I also really want to read the 5th Wave; I've had it since June so I really need to get a move on that!

    You got some awesome books, so enjoy 'em! Here's my haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I totally agree with you on the whole physical books over e-books thing. E-books are just so impersonal & I like the feel of actually holding a book and turning the pages. Enjoy your vacation!

      Delete
  10. Cool haul. Happy reading :)

    P.S Love your blog! New follower via goodreads & bloglovin

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-52.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And right back at cha about your blog! :)

      Delete
  11. the truth about you and me has such a swoon-y cover. it make me want to read the book. i want to read the 5th wave too--that book's been every where it seems like many people love it. happy reading :)

    hope you can stop by my StS.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment! Comments don't go unnoticed, and while I may not always reply to them on my blog, (unless it's a direct question, of course) I'll definitely reply on yours. :)